samedi 7 mars 2015

Latest Projects


Lately I've been experiencing with clay. How fun! At first I wanted to make full size art dolls but I could not pull it off. I had bought wire for the structure, aluminium foil and masking tape but the clay just would dry right and it just cracked all over. So I made these little guys instead. I had bought realistic plastic eyes off ebay and I love how these look!



This one is the first one I did. I called it 'The Kiss'. I love how intuitive sculpting is. The faces seem to form by themselves. I gave this one to Greg. :) 



This one is called 'The Look'. I wanted to make a mixed media piece. I love mixing materials and this was especially fun, it's like dressing up a doll.
The description I found for this one: 'She's proud of her appearance but she can't see anything.'



This is 'The Scream'. I tried to make the faces from one another as different as I could. This one has eyes and an open mouth with the tongue showing.


'My Lips are Sealed'
This one looks like Dobby from Harry Potter. :p That's actually the second one I ever made, right after 'The Kiss'. I had this urge to put my sewing needle through this clay...It's not painted yet and I know it's going to be a bitch to paint. I don't want to mess it up, that's why it's not done yet.




Yesterday we bought Innocent smoothies and besides the fact that the kiwi apple and pineapple one was absolutely delicious, we got these little hats!
Don't they look perfect on my little heads??



This one is my least favorite one. It doesn't have a name. But at least it's painted.





So now I'm all out of clay. I'll be getting a new bag soon (a huge one!!!). In the meantime I had a bunch of ideas on what to sculpt next and drew them up. So this is the preliminary sketches to my next little heads: 'The Fight' and 'The Chief'. I cannot wait to do the crown of feathers.



Just another drawing... It's been a while since I had done of those... Sometimes when Greg goes out at night and I'm alone, I surprise him with a drawing I stick on the front door for him to see when he comes back.
The one before was a pastel drawing of a bottle of oil saying: 'we're all out'.


This is the fabric I bought yesterday in Montmartre to make a new tunic. :) Couldn't take a good picture yesterday because it was so dark so here it is.


And in totally unrelated news news I bought a watch. :) I don't wear watches. I don't really like them. But a couple of weeks ago my friend Estelle came to Paris and we went shopping. She bought this watch in golden and I have to admit I was jealous. :p 

A week ago I was at my parents' for a family reunion and I was a bit drunk and bought the watch off Amazon... It took me a while to realize I did it because I was quite drunk actually. But I got a great deal. It was 10€ off the original price. I couldn't pass.

It only takes a couple of days for Amazon to deliver. So one morning I was in the shower and I heard a knock on the door. I thought it was Greg teasing me but the knocking was insistant and I realized it was the front door, so I got out of the shower and yelled Greg's name for him to open the door. I figured he couldn't hear me because he had his headphones on. So I got out of the bathroom to get him, butt naked. The thing is our windows are about 3 yards apart from our neighbours windows, so they can see everything that's going on in our apartment. But I knew it was for my watch and I didn't want the postman to go so I ran to the living room to get Greg and since I was all wet and still naked(why didn't I think of putting a towel around myself, that I'll never know...) I slipped and fell on my ass in a little girl scream... I felt like a whale washed to shore...

Greg finally heard me, came into the kitchen to find me naked on the floor. I told him someone was at the door, I went back to my shower and he got the package for me...

What an adventure for such a little watch! :) It's awesome though, I thought it would only tell time and maybe the date but it has a timewatch, a timer and an alarm. Love it! :)

That's it, I hope I'll be back soon with more sculptures! :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire